Job Title: Project Officer Social Protection
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Type of Contract: 1 year (possibility for renewal) This is a local based terms position
Rwanda Initiative for Sustainable Development (RISD) is a non- profit local organization that started its operations in Rwanda in July 1997 and is registered as a non-profit making organization under registration no. 090/11 of the gazette notice of 28th August 2003 and updated its registration to align with the new NGO Law of 2012, on 25th October 2013.
RISD’s program intervention is in the area of Policy Research and Advocacy. RISD’s success and
profile is rooted in its capacity to develop to influence policies through effective dialogue and in
initiating and sustaining diversified networks and partnership. The primary partners being the
community, as the beneficiaries who determine RISD’s priorities, based on their needs in terms of policies that affect them directly. LandNet Rwanda Chapter is a key network where RISD plays an active role since 2000 and the network plays an active role in the land rights. RISD is understood as a model civil society both in country, regionally and internationally, because of its independency and effective policy related dialogue skills and experience combined with action research approach that provide reliable social related data.
Effective from June 2017, RISD launched a two and half years’ project titled “Social Protection through Securing Land Rights”. This is a national project that will be implemented between 2017 through 2019. This is the 1st project of its kind both in Rwanda and the region, which aims at linking the social protection to land, given that over 80% in the region are still dependent on land for livelihood. This will be achieved through working with the government to include land rights component in the Rwanda Social Protection Policy. The implementation of the project will be dominated with the gathering of reliable data on the policy implementation, and monitoring the change on the beneficiaries, who are the vulnerable, on the assumed faster and sustainable graduation from vulnerability. Hence, research, monitoring, advocacy and legal support in the protection of the securing land rights of the vulnerable will be four main component of the project.
Hence, RISD wishes to recruit a highly competent, experienced and dynamic, Project Officer for this newly established Social Protection Project.
Job Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- To develop field plans of the project;
- To coordinate field work;
- To compile timely and professional field reports;
- To coordinate(national and / or international) meetings and workshops related to the
- To produce timely and professional meeting reports;
- To work closely with the IT team in providing and managing the gathered data through RISDICT4D;
- To monitor and document case stories from the field and out of data base for advocacy and policy support.
- Other Duties as assigned by supervisor.
Required Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Social Sciences, Law, Economic Development or related field;
- Training Project Management and social research methodologies;
- Conducting needs assessments and surveys, and quantitative data analysis;
- Social and action research methodologies;
- Good understanding of social protection and national policies;
- Good communication skills, interpersonal, and strong technical analysis and writing skills,
team player, able to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment;
- Professional fluency in Kinyarwanda and English. French is an added advantage.
- Good computer skills (Word, Excel, Power Point design & presentation, Outlook & email applications).
- Minimum of three years’ relevant experience in the field.
- The position provides equal gender opportunities, although women are more encouraged to apply.
- The closing date for receiving the applications is 17th February 2018.
- Please send your application with your full contact, and include: updated CV with 3 references that are professionally linked to you, and certified diplomas.
- Address your application to the Head of the Administration, RISD through email@example.com.
- Hand delivered hard copy applications will not be accepted. Only short listed applicants will be invited to interview. No telephone inquiries please.
Find the Advert here Final Job Advert- PO